National Sales Director
Job Reference: 23831
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 185+ Service Centres nationwide and 3,600 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to our 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
A National Sales Director is required to join one of the UK's leading hire equipment organisation. We form part of Ashtead Group which is a FTSE 100 and can offer excellent training opportunities with great scope for progression, supporting you throughout your career.
Roles and responsibilities
We are looking to recruit a National Sales Director to lead and develop our UK sales team. Working with the other senior members of the Regional leadership team they will be accountable for:
- Managing and developing the sales team to ensure a quality service is provided to customers and that sales achieve or exceed budgeted levels.
- Developing selected managed accounts and delivering service to national accounts within the region to support strategic growth objectives and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Managing the delivery of a quality sales and account management performance, seeking customer feedback to support future decision making.
- Developing and managing the implementation of initiatives to attract new customers who meet the Company’s commercial criteria.
Key success criteria will include:
- Growing sales / improving discount margins / improving ROI
- Increasing the customer base
- Improving customer satisfaction and reducing customer complaints / queries
- Reducing customer attrition rates
- Improving staff retention and skills development
The successful candidate will have a number of years’ experience of delivering superior returns in a senior sales role and will have a demonstrable track record of developing and supporting high quality sales teams. Knowledge and experience of the generator hire industry is desirable but we also welcome applications from candidates from other sectors who can demonstrate an aptitude for future success in the equipment rental industry.
In return we can offer a competitive salary, a generous target based bonus scheme, Company car, mobile phone and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.